About Me

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Project, Reflect and Capture

Sony Australia's Facebook Page has launched a competition where they are giving away 5 (one a week) a brand new Sony Handycam HDR-PJ10E.  It's a handycam with a built-in projector.  I really wanted a new videocam as my Panasonic camera still uses a DV tape.

Contest rules are simple, you have to be imaginative on where you would project your movie. Others have submitted pictures of their baby's bum or a pregnant woman's tummy.  Time to get those sleeping brain cells at work..



Now, here's the original idea.  Since we have stainless steel pots and pans, I thought it would be good to project the image there. Next, I need some sort of image projector as I really don't want to Photoshop the final image. Daughter to the rescue! She has one of those toy projectors that you buy as a souvenir. We got hers when we visited the Melbourne Aquarium.

I tried projecting the image on the stainless steel pots but because of the 'scratches' on the pots the image wasn't clear and the fact that it is reflective made it harder to see the projected image. After about 10-15 tries,I've had enough. Time for a Plan B.

And here is Plan B and the result.

I went into our study/computer room, the lights were turned off and I still have the 'toy' in my hand. I accidentally shone the projector into our BIR (built-in-robes) which has mirrored doors and saw the image being bounced back to the window opposite it. I closed the venetian blind and I was surprised to see the projected image was clear .. here is the result.  It was taken with a NEX-5 18-55mm lens and about 25 second exposure.  It's not sharp because it's a projected image.


Category List

Sony (20) nex-7 (14) NEX (6) nex-5n (6) rx100 (6) nex-6 (4) A77 (3) SEL10-18 (3) compact cameras (3) A57 (2) bokeh (2) nex-5 (2) rumor (2) slrmagic (2) zeiss 24 (2) 18-200 (1) 55-210 (1) A55 (1) Google (1) Google TV (1) RX1 (1) SLT (1) TV (1) cine lenses (1) clear image zoom (1) direct upload (1) external mic (1) magenta cast (1) minolta (1) mirrorless (1) nex-5r (1) nikon (1) playmemories (1) snow (1) sony nex zoom lens (1) sony rx1 (1) sony slt (1) voigtlander (1)