About Me

Friday, September 9, 2011

NEX-5N Review Soon!

Hi everyone. Today I got an email confirming that Sony Australia will be sending me the NEX-5N with kit lens to use and write my own review about the NEX-5N.  I know that there's has been a lot of reviews already out but what I am planning to do is to actually use the NEX-5N in the real world.  I won't test it against test charts or on a controlled environment for this test.

Hopefully, the shipment arrives tomorrow (Sept. 9) as I have a weekend of parties / calisthenic competitions to test it on.

I am a bit disappointed though as they will only be sending the kit lens with it. At least I got some good glass (lens) to go with the it.   I am planning to use these other lenses SEL 18-200, 50/1.4, 100/2 and the CZ 24-70/2.8 on it.  Will be posting pictures / photos, both RAW and JPG files will be available (unedited of course) for you to make your own decision on the IQ / sharpness of the new SONY Sensor.

Here is the list of lens I will try on the SONY NEX-5N and also on the NEX-5 (firmware v4) to do a side-by-side comparison. I will try and highlight what I think is good about the NEX-5N and what's not.  If you are looking to use the SONY NEX-5N on a studio setup, then I can't test that as I only have limited time with the camera and I am more of a natural lighting kind of guy.  

Looking forward to the 5N but more excited on the NEX-7 which should be in my hands a few weeks after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Category List

Sony (20) nex-7 (14) NEX (6) nex-5n (6) rx100 (6) nex-6 (4) A77 (3) SEL10-18 (3) compact cameras (3) A57 (2) bokeh (2) nex-5 (2) rumor (2) slrmagic (2) zeiss 24 (2) 18-200 (1) 55-210 (1) A55 (1) Google (1) Google TV (1) RX1 (1) SLT (1) TV (1) cine lenses (1) clear image zoom (1) direct upload (1) external mic (1) magenta cast (1) minolta (1) mirrorless (1) nex-5r (1) nikon (1) playmemories (1) snow (1) sony nex zoom lens (1) sony rx1 (1) sony slt (1) voigtlander (1)